Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Robot Olympics

I love robots! So when I found out that the annual "Robot Olympics" is coming to SF, I know I can't miss out on this one. I ended up going there with my buddy Takeshi and his family. Saw some pretty kick ass robot combat actions (some have chainsaw equipped outside their armor while one actually spotted a flame ejector!), some pretty "retarded" robot soccer and some mini robots sumo wrestling. Not the most impressive show but it's still a treat to see the robots being ripped apart during the robot combat!


Mini robot doing sumo in the mini sumo wrestling ring..


The geeks headquater...


No...they're not as agile as this picture would suggest...but still pretty cool...


The robot soccer family...


One of the more nimble robot I saw at the show...this one is controlled via bluetooth from a cell phone...pretty neat stuff from the japanese...


This robot trying to show off...


This is only the light-weight category...didn't have enought memory to take the heavy-weight category...those robots are really enormous and truly manacing killing machines!

No comments: