Friday, August 11, 2006

Seattle (3rd, 4th day)


After 2 days of sun-burnt in the wild, we decided it's time to check out the city...to be honest, Seattle itself isn't all that interesting to a visitor like me...but it is afterall the center of 3 of US's most famous brands...Microsoft, Boeing and StarBucks...this pic, however, is not taken in any of those company's headquater (it'd be a much cooler shot if it was!)..i'm assumin this is picture (to scale) of the tallest man on earth...


Behind us is the world-famous Seattle Fish Market..


Evidently..they sell fruits here too~


Seafood!!!!!!


Huge scallops!


Monk fish = world's ugliest fish


Crabs...graveyard..


It all started from here...the first Starbucks..


Number of Starbucks by region..I'm not sure if Singapore "only" have 35 Starbucks...


The Seattle Space Needle that you see in every Seattle postcard...what's its use? absolutely no idea..


The futuristic "Music Project" building...


Unique curves of the "Music Project"..


More curves...


Me and tammy in front of the "Music Project"...we figured the entrance fee is too pricey, so we'd just make do with taking lots of pictures outside the building..hee


Water-like reflection from the exterior of "Music Project"...


Question of the day: Where is William?


So...after an afternoon of Seattle, William brought us to a place called Union Lake. I had no idea why we were there but I presume William knew what he was doing. Well...first thing I saw was these seaplanes that were parked along the lake. For those who know me, I'm in love with the idea of flying (I still dream of getting a private license one of these days). Little did I know...


...that we'd be going on one of them!!! Well, actually Tammy's been giving me a surprise per day for 7 days after my birthday and this turns out to be one of her surprises for me! It's really really sweet for her and I was spell-bound when I saw her walked to the seaplane counter to talk to the pilot. Of course, William knew all along and played along. I was really touched and super-excited about getting on a seaplane!


"Calling for passengers for the seating area A..."


Tammy, always ready to strike a pose...


William, our co-pilot for the day...


getting ready for take-off


here we go!


the Space Needle and "Music Project" from our seaplane


Bill Gates' residence...the mansion on the left...


Safe-landing...now how about a picture of our courageous crew~


Young "Skywalker" returns with his princess and fighter jet...


Well..after all the excitement in the day...we turn our attention once again to our stomach...we ended up at a restaurant called "Ivar's" along the Seattle waterfront..


The food wasn't as impressive as the one we had on our first day...anyway, the 2 of them find it amusing that the waiter had to help me put up a bib...


On the last day William brought us to the Future of Flight museum...which is actually a showcase of all things Boeing...the ticket also included a tour of the 747 assembly facility, which unfortunately disallow any photo-taking...I'm just totally amazed with the sheer size of everything there...the number of employees, the physical space of the "assembly chain", the total cost and sale price of the planes...the only few pictures we managed to take was in a small showcase space of defunct airplane parts...here, me and William get ready to takeoff..


...and in the process broke a few navigation devices...


me and my buddy william with the airfield behind us...it's been a great 4-day spent with William and the weather can't be any better...hopefully I'd get to go back to Ann Arbor one last time to visit him before I fly home to Singapore for good...


At the Seattle airport...time to go back to reality again...i miss travelling man!

No comments: