Sunday, July 22, 2007

Tommy Emmanuel Concert

Last night Tammy gave me a big surprise by bringing us to the Tommy Emmanuel concert in Esplanade. I have no idea he was in town and I'd definitely kicked myself if I missed this one...so once again I gotta thank my fav girl for making this happen...I've never heard a guitar being played like the way Tommy did with his...all those YouTube clips don't do him justice...he's so damn good playing live! While he's well-known for his blazing fast fingerpicking, the number which stood out most was "Over the Rainbow"....I almost cried after he finished playing it. It is absolute heaven...


Me and da Man after the show...he was signing autograph outside of Harry's...


Tommy's signature...we got the picture for S$5...couldn't afford those $71 DVD that they were selling...


Tommy and Paul Ponnudorai (another great local musician who even had a Time article to his name!) jamming away at Harry's...it was great to be able to see close-up as they jam away...


A short clip of them jamming away...sorry for the bad lighting...


One of Tommy's best clips on YouTube....absolutely brilliant!


Tommy playing Angelina...a song he wrote for his daughter...


And so it goes...


Over the rainbow....beautiful....this one can move you to tears...

No comments: