Saturday, February 25, 2006

Fail early. Fail often.

Well, it's been a week since me and Benghoe first launched Million Dollars Code. We've got about 50+ people signed up so far, still a long way from our target. But it's great getting all sorts of feedback about our site. I think that starting the site in a "demo" mode is definitely a good decision. Essentially, I'm launching a prototype with the $100 award to entice people to give me feedback on how to improve the site. We have our fair share of negative comments the past week, and I actually manage to chat online with a cryptocraphy expert (Elonka Dunin who authors this famous site, "Famous Unsolved Codes and Ciphers") who has the harshest words for the site. But then again, all their points are valid and I'm glad that I'm getting all these feedback. Well, truths are usually hard to swallow, and it can be tough at times to stomach the criticism, but it's all good in the end if I can take these in my stride and improve myself.

Fail early. Fail often. That's my motto.

No comments: