Monday, February 20, 2006

Finally! Website Launched (Break code to win US$100)!


It's official! The website I've been working on for the past 3 weeks is live! It still have some small bugs in it but the major functionalities are working fine. It's free to sign up now so go check it out yeah! It's www.milliondollarscode.com

So the idea is pretty simple: think of Wheel of Fortune except that you're playing against thousands of other players and that you're faced with a much higher noise-to-signal ratio. Each page has a code that is about 16000 characters long. Only some of the characters makes sense of course, the rest are just there to confuse you.

Initially, all characters are hidden beneath the "0" character. Once you sign up and select a character, the character will be revealed by midnight on the same day. So as more people join the game, more characters are revealed. Using the hints I'd provide every now and then, a smart 14 year-old should be able to solve for the hidden message beneath. So you don't need a PhD to win, but you'd need plenty of imagination and IQ to be the first one to break the code (and win my $100)!

Eventually, I'd like to earn money from this. But for now, the site is only in 'demo' phase and I'd look at the response. If it's good enough, then I guess me and Benghoe (the other guy I'm starting this site with) will go ahead and see if we can make a fw bucks out of this. If not, we'd call it a day and just treat it as another learning experience (indeed I've caught up with abit of web programming in the process of making the site!).

So, ladies and gentleman, let the game begin! And of course, all your comments and feedback will be greatly appreciated (especially if you find a bug in the site)!

2 comments:

Marcus said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marcus said...

I've put up a link on my blog :P