Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Tipping Point

I've wanted to read the book "The Tipping Point" for quite a while now, and I finally got it in my hands after my reserve from the public library arrived. I've taken a pretty good class on "network economy" last semester, but this book really nails it. How does a trend catch on? Why google become the choice for search but not the other early competitors? These questions become much more relevant now that I'm working on Million Dollars Code. How do I spread the word? Of course I gotta have a good product on hand first. That's why me and Benghoe have yet to done any active marketing ourside our social circle. We wanna take all the feedback and improve before we fully publicize about it. But how do we generate a good buzz even if we're confident we have something decent is the question I've been thinking alot lately. I don't wanna come across as a spammer if i go around every prominent bloggers and tell them about our site. On the other hand i can't afford to be shy if I wanna give the site a chance to take off. There'd be lots of tough decisions we'd need to make in the next few weeks, but this book has definitely given me some good guidelines. Anyhow, I'm excited man! It's been a wonderful learning experience, and we've only launched for a week! hee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dearest pro,

other than saying hi and telling u i'm reading ur blog quite regularly, i really want to say...

Can u stop posting ALL entries in one PAGE?! IT takes soooo long for me to load the page n irritates the MEOW out of me!

hahaha... ok. my apologies if it came across too explosively. i mean no harm.

PS:i am gg to study in Japan from April to Dec 2006! I'm so excited!

Cheers,
Pro

Marcus said...

i've been meaning to read 'tipping point' for the longest time as well, but the copies in the library have been taking forwever to come back. i recalled 'blink' from some guy a while back and it should have been returned a few weeks ago. at $2 fine a day, he's going have quite a bill by the end of the semester.