Sunday, March 12, 2006

Driving lessons with Takeshi

So, after 3 years of procrastination, I've finally decided to get my driving license for good. See, the rationale of getting my license here in the States is pretty simple; $26 (written test AND driving test), free driving lessons by friends and high pass rate vs >$1000 and many hours of driving lessons and much higher failure rate.

Anyway, my research partner, Takeshi from Japan, who also happens to live in the same apartment building, kindly offers to teach me and Tammy! yay!

Takeshi, my 運転の先生.

どこえ行きたいですか?

Tammy! Look at the road!!!!!

If you can't drive, you can always...pose!

Me and my 先生.

師兄師妹戀!

After a morning of driving (and I finally get out of driving in carpark mode and actually thie the streets!), Takeshi brought us to this French take-out place. It's a really neat place, and the food is heavenly! We also bump into Prof Hu Chenming, possibly one of the most well-known and respected professor in Berkeley EECS (more than 50 patents under his name, former CTO of the world's biggest silicon foundry, inventor of FinFET & SPICE etc...his resume makes me feel insufficient..). He actually recognized me and said bye before we left~

そして、Takeshiの家に昼ご飯を食べあした。(with Kuniko and Ryuman)

Ryuman is Takeshi's one-yr old son. Super cute~ with an compulsive behaviour to put the food in his plate onto the dinner table and is always ready give you his share of saliva...

No comments: