Sunday, March 05, 2006

Strange Dream.

I have the strangest dream the other night. It's much like one of those "I'm flying!" dreams I have once in a while, except that the whols episode is kind of disturbing and the interesting thing is when I woke up, I actually remembered most of it, and I think that it actually might make a nice story for a screenplay. So this is roughly how it goes:

...the main character is this teenager (possibly me, although I can't really remember if it was really me in the dream) who's really shy and not very confident of himself...so one day this dude went out for a meal with a few friends, where he was introduced to another girl...now, the guy is really shy and so he doesn't really know how to talk to the girl...the meal went on for a while before he excused himself to the loo, where he suddenly realize he can fly! (i know it doesn't make sense, but in these "I'm flying" dreams, i really do feel like flying! it's the most exhilarating feeling ever!)...anyhow, so the guy flew off somewhere else and came back to the restaurant from the main entrance. Now he suddenly became very confident because he has this secret superman abillity to fly...anyway, he re-introduces himself to the girl as the twin brother of the "guy who's still in the toilet"....

anyhow, the main gist of the story comes about as he begins to hone his flying skills...and he actually starts spying on other people...and sabotaging his friends whom he was jealous of in the past...and finally he ended up robbing a bank...well, it turns out that the bank-robbing didn't end up according to plan and he was cornered off by the cops in the top level of a very high-rise multi-storey car park...he reached a state of almost insane defiance, turned to the cops and yelled out something to the extent that "I'm all powerful", before jumping off the building, thinking that he can fly away...instead, he felt all the way down to his death...and then all the past scenes start playing back and it appears that all the 'flying' that he thought he could do only exist in his own imagination...

I know this doesn't make much sense, but the dream is soooo real! I tend to have one of these 'flying' dreams where I'd fly across an ocean or forest once every few months, but typically they don't really have a story...this is probably the first time i have such a strange dream and that the flying actually ended up with a fatal fall...hmm, strange...

No comments: